Woodstock Candy Posting Page
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Here at Woodstock Candy, we like to remember the positive things about the 1950s. We were snacking on some of our favorite retro candy treats this afternoon, and we got to thinking about some 1950s nostalgia.
So, here it goes!
• We could drink water from the tap and we didn’t think anything of it.
• Medicine bottles didn’t have childproof lids. (And, to this day, that’s a misnomer. They’re more adult-proof than anything!)
• There weren’t any seatbelts in cars.
• Soda had so much sugar in it!
• We ate real, honest-to-goodness white bread—complete with real butter! And we drank whole milk.
• We didn’t have cell phones, and we spent most of the day playing with our friends. Our parents knew we’d be safe.
• We rode bikes with no helmets.
• Penny candy really was a penny.
• We didn’t have video games, but we could spend hours making a go-kart or new tree swing.
• If we got cut or bruised while we were playing, we just put a bandage on it and went about our business. It was all part of being a kid!
And, lest we forget: THE CANDY. We “smoked” candy cigarettes and bubblegum cigars. We lived on Pixy Stix, Root Beer Barrels, and Charleston Chew.
by: Woodstock Candy